Bitacle, or how a small swarm can start..
Bitacle.org – blog content thieves? These guys use your rss feed and display them on their site with Google Ads, making money of your content while telling you it’s all about archiving your site.. smart monkeys, but there’s some rising dissent about these guys..
check technorati and my pal jogy’s post
Here’s a nice link with a great summary of the situation so far at Desirable Roasted Coffee
- Bitacle hits the technorati top-10 search (meta-problems can be funny)
- Here’s a blogger who first had doubts about bitacle and then changed his/her mind and kinda tells us to stop making a big fuss about it.. This is my interpretation of that post, I may have misunderstood the message, but nevertheless I thought I’d post a comment
- Not a big fan of crusades myself, so I’m not sure if I’ll be actively wage war on Bitacle, maybe I will, maybe I won’t..
- Well, the negative momentum is small but present, there’s even a blog about the whole thing: http://stopbitacleorg.wordpress.com/
- Is there really room for a possible misunderstanding, party due to the language barrier? Check out the 5th comment on this post. I’ve checked some Spanish sites (y mi Espanol no es tan bien para comprender todo, but hey..) and although most of them are positive about bitacle, there are some people who are less happy about it.
- There have also been posts about the frontpage and setup of the site being similar to that of Netvibes
- Summed up some of my final thoughts here